NOT ONLY ARE Jihadis killing people around the world in impressive numbers, but they are also invading democracies, demanding and gaining concessions from non-Muslims, and slowly encroaching on democratic freedoms with the end-goal of establishing the repressive form of law known as Shari'a. Obviously, this must be stopped. The situation is urgent and your help is needed.
But you're not a soldier. You don't work for a counterterrorist organization. What can you do? There are a surprising number of practical, effective actions you can take to become a Citizen Warrior right where you are. Each of the actions below is linked to an article that explains more about it:
1. Help cut off money to Jihadis.
2. Get Jihadi videos removed from YouTube.
3. Help and support the Mapping Sharia Project.
4. Stop sending money to Jihadis when you buy gas.
5. Share DVDs with your friends.
6. Read the Qur'an.
7. Help and support Watch Obsession, the organization.
8. Talk to your friends about jihad. (It will help to study the art of influence.)
9. Share online articles, but skillfully.
10. "Advertise" the URL, haltterrorism.com.
11. Learn how to recognize suspicious activities and report them to authorities.
12. Contribute news items to Concessions to Islam.
13. Contribute stories of citizen warrior heroes to Citizen Warriors.
14. If there are people you would hesitate to talk about Islam with, encourage them to go see the mainstream movies, An American Carol, or Religulous. Send your liberal and non-religious friends to Religulous, and send your patriotic, Christian, or Jewish friends to An American Carol. Both movies broach the subject of jihad. Afterwards, the topic will be easier to discuss.
15. Participate in the "Stop the Jihad on Campus" annual events.
16. Support the development of energy sources other than oil.
17. Promote peace...one school at a time. You can help and support Greg Mortenson's work creating good schools that can successfully compete with madrassas that promote hatred of the West.
18. Support and open fuel standard. This can take away massive financing for Jihadis.
Don't try to do all of these. You've got to be smart about this, and that includes keeping your motivation level high, getting enough sleep, and having a life. Feeling overwhelmed by things that must be done is not good for your motivation and it can impair your ability to persist.
So choose one or two of these things that most interest you, and get to work on it. You can always come back to this list later if you want to do more.
Also, I urge you to share this list with people you know who want to do something about "terrorism" but don't know what. Let's defeat the Jihadis and Islam's relentless encroachment with our effective actions.
When you find new effective actions that are not on this list, would you please take a moment and share it with us in the comments?